Any personal data obtained in the course of providing our services to you will be held and processed by us in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
We have security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with our legal obligations. If you choose to submit personal data (including sensitive personal information) through this website or to Cazenove Capital Management Asia Limited or connected companies, you are agreeing that it may be stored (by electronic and other mean) and can be used by us in the following ways:
- the processing of your account opening application;
- we may check your personal information with other information that you provide or that is held by us about you to verify your identity and we may also verify with, provide to and collect from other financial organisations, financial institutions, counterparties or other persons your personal data for the purposes of daily operation of the services provided by Cazenove Capital to you, conduct credit assessments on you, ensure your ongoing credit worthiness and your investment objectives;
- your personal data may be transferred to a place outside of Hong Kong including to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection as Hong Kong. If we intend to do this, then where practical and appropriate, before doing so we will put contractual arrangements in place to ensure the adequate protection of your information and we shall endeavour to ensure that any such contractual arrangements comply with the standards required in the PDPO;
- Cazenove Capital may compare any data obtained with your personal data, and use the results for taking of any actions including actions that may be adverse to your interests (including declining an application for account opening);
- to enable us to provide discretionary investment management services to you;
- to respond to requests for information from you;
- to follow up with you after you request information to see if we can provide any further assistance;
- for statistical purposes and for market and product analysis;
- to develop and improve the products and services we provide and/or may provide to you (and/or to your organisation);
- for our own administrative (including, but not limited to, maintaining our records) and compliance purposes;
- for crime prevention and detection;
- to prevent or detect abuses of our services or any of our rights and to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or other agreements or to protect our (or others’) property or rights;
- to permit our group companies to use it to identify products and services which may be relevant to you, and Cazenove Capital and its associates may contact you (for example, by telephone, fax, email or other means) to let you know about such products or services; and
- for administrative reasons, we may from time to time carry out or instruct others to carry out certain anti-money laundering checks or for the purpose of regular anti-money laundering reviews imposed on us by law required for the prevention and detection of crime, money laundering and international terrorist financing. We may use staff employed by group companies, whether in this country or overseas or, if appropriate, we will engage specialist contractors to carry out such work whether here or abroad. In any event, any staff involved in such checks will be specially trained and will not share information about you with any third party unless permitted by law to do so. Such staff will at all times only act in accordance with our instructions and any such checks will be carried out in a secure environment. You hereby agree to the sharing of your personal information in this way for these purposes. Please note that we may use electronic verification services for identification purposes.
Personal data held by Cazenove Capital or its agents which are provided by you will be kept confidential but, from time to time, and on a need to know basis, Cazenove Capital or our agents may provide such personal data to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to Cazenove Capital or our agents in connection with the operation of its business;
- any of the Cazenove Capital entities or affiliates, which have undertaken to keep such informational confidential;
- any actual or purposed assignee or participant or sub-participant or transferee of all or any part of Cazenove Capital assets or business; and
- any persons to whom Cazenove Capital is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on Cazenove Capital or our agents or under and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities with which Cazenove Capital or any of our agents are expected to comply.
Under and in accordance with the PDPO, you (if you are an individual) have the right to:
- check whether Cazenove Capital or our agents hold personal data about you and the right to access to such personal data;
- require us and our agents to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain Cazenove Capital’s and our agents’ policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Cazenove Capital and our agents; and
- object to the sale of your personal data or use of your personal data for direct marketing by sending a written request to Cazenove Capital.
In accordance with the PDPO, Cazenove Capital and/or our agents have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the process of any personal data access request.
Requests for personal data, correction of personal data, objections to the sale or use of personal data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of personal data held by Cazenove Capital or our agents should be addressed for the attention of the Compliance Officer at 8/F Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong.
Although we take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information over the Internet, such as using available means of encryption and privacy protection, the internet is not an entirely secure environment and for this reason we cannot guarantee that information will not be intercepted read or copied by unauthorised parties. You accept these inherent security implications and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent.
We use session cookies on this Site. They are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your computer until you close your browser (at which point they are deleted).
Cookies cannot look into your computer and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive and, unless you have logged onto an authenticated page, cookies cannot be used to identify who you are.
We also use persistent cookies on this Site. These remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire.
Cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer has visited a certain website. Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer.
Cookies will not be used to contact you for marketing purposes other than by advertising on this Site from time to time.
Cookies may be used to record details of pages relating to particular products and services that you have visited on this site. This is to provide us with generic usage statistics to allow us to improve this site.
To help us improve this Site we use WebTrends to track usage. WebTrends provide us with statistical information, such as, which pages on this Site are visited most frequently and how long visitors spend on this Site. None of the information can be traced to an individual - we do not know who you are, merely that there are a certain number of people using this Site. The cookie only relates to what people do on this Site and the information cannot be used for marketing on an individual basis.
Cookies and anonymous identifiers are collected when you interact with services that we offer from our agents or contractors that provide Cazenove Capital Management Limited with content and functionality on the website.
The web browsers of most computers are initially set up to accept cookies. If you prefer, you can set your web browser to disable cookies or to inform you when a website is attempting to add a cookie. You can also delete cookies that have previously been added to your computer's cookie file.
Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out how to disable and delete cookies.